Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Challenge Day 1 and 2

Well, so much for blogging daily! I honestly wanted to blog at the end of my day yesterday, but got suckered into watching a terrible BCS Championship football game(Alabama v. LSU...terrible!) and didn't get home until late.

That being said, challenge day 1 went great!  I prepped and cooked lots of veggies yesterday: okra, brussel sprouts and broccoli. I took some of them with me along with a sirloin to throw on the grill for dinner last night at a friend's while we watched football. It was a great way to avoid all of the additives that usually come with pre-marinated fajita meat.
Today I made a batch of Czech Meatballs from Melissa Joulwan's new cookbook, Well Fed. I'm looking forward to eating them tonight with some brussel sprout slaw from Paleo Comfort Foods. YUM!!

Yesterday was the Woman's class at Woodward and there were very few grumblings (mostly about no alcohol in light of above football game). I feel that at this point we are still in the honeymoon stage and all the ladies are still very excited to succeed! I definitely hope the motivation stays high and I'm sure the over $500 pot that they could win at the end of this will help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment