Friday, January 13, 2012

Jessica's Journey #1



Hello, I am Jessica Ancira and this year I decided to make a change. There are several reasons motivating my decision to enter the Naturally Fit Transformation Contest. I would like to say it’s my past, present, and future. I grew up in Round Rock, TX when it was a much smaller town. My entire childhood I dedicated my life to sports and therefore was very active. Even though I was considered a bigger girl, I was definitely in pretty good shape throughout high school. Then college.... that should say enough. I decided to leave my successful softball career in high school and focus on my higher education. My attitude and discipline for fitness went right out the window. This lack of discipline has lead me to where I am now.

May 25th was the day I was introduced to Crossfit, and I fell in love with it. Shortly after I joined Woodward Crossfit it was time for my annual physical. My doctor said I had lost weight but that it's  imperative that I loose more weight and get healthy. Also, that if I did not make a positive change then with in 5 years I was destined for high blood pressure and possibly diabetes. This was upsetting to me because I am too damn young for that!!! I work in a nursing home admitting patients with many diagnosis related to obesity. The idea that I could be headed down the same path disgusts me and that is my reason for change.

The idea of this change is ultimately for my future. I want to be able to live a long happy fulfilling life. My first attempts of weight loss in my early 20’s have been for aesthetic purposes only. I turn 29 next month and this time my motivation for change is to better my overall health and well-being. My attitude is completely different and this is why I think I will be successful.

In addition to nutrition and exercise, my plan to be successful is to take it one day at a time and celebrate my small successes. I have also set up a support system that includes my friends and family They aware of my goals and I have insisted that they never enable me to my old unhealthy habits. So far this has been a success.

--Jessica

1 comment:

  1. What a great opportunity to engage friends and family. Attitude is EVERYTHING, but people around you that support your effort is equally crucial. Good luck!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete