Sunday, January 15, 2012

Getting Started



Step #1: Goal setting!

This is going to be the most important step towards making better nutritional decisions. Put pen to paper and WRITE DOWN YOUR GOALS! This will help keep you accountable and keep you on track. Even better, write them down where you will see them daily. I like to write mine down on "stickie notes" on my computer's desktop, that way I can see them all the time.

First, determine your "buy-in" goal. Do you have an upcoming event, like 10 year HS reunion, that you want to look your best for? Maybe your goal is to look good in a bikini this summer? Or, perhaps you're goal is to be free of Type 2 diabetes? Whatever your "buy-in" goal is, WRITE IT DOWN!

Second, be specific and give it a time domain. For example, "I will loose 10 pounds by May 1st" or "I will stabiblize my blood sugar by July 2nd." WRITE IT DOWN!

Third, break it down into 3, smaller attainable goals that you can work on over the next two months. These will move you closer to achieving your "buy-in" goal. For example, "This week I will eliminate grains from my diet, go to crossfit twice a week and take my lunch to work daily." WRITE IT DOWN!


Finally, reach out to your social networks!! This is crucial! Tell your family, friends and co-workers that you are on a mission to better your health. Explain to them that you are not asking them to particpate with you, but only that they encourage you and be respectful of your choice to make healthier descions. For example, "If I order water at Happy Hour or choose not to participate in the company pizza party, please respect my choice." :)



No comments:

Post a Comment